Upgrade Changeover Power
St James Place
Appselec delivered the following for the St James Place project:
- The St James Place project involved a complete mains switchboard upgrade.
- The premises house the Victorian state fire control centre, which must remain live 24/7. It was crucial that we did not shut down power as the works were completed in the middle of peak bushfire season.
- Works were completed and brought back online without any disruption to the control centre.
Monash Translations Precinct
Appselec delivered the following for Monash Translations Precinct:
For the new Monash Translations precinct, Appselec modified / redirected and added to the embedded HV system at Monash Medical Centre Clayton.
- setting up a new substation into the existing HV ring main.
- non-destructive digging to install HV reticulation to new building.
- shut down of a section of HV ring main, and change over to cut-in new substation while keeping the Monash Medical Centre / Hospital operational.
Cranbourne Shopping Centre
Appselec delivered the following for Cranbourne Shopping Centre:
- Conducted upgrades to the existing Shopping Centre main switchboard and Coles switchboard.
- Coles supermarket fridges and freezers needed to remain operational throughout the development. Temporary generators were used to maintain power.
- Very strict noise restrictions were in place due to the close proximity of housing. We designed and installed a temporary acoustic enclosure, built out of hay bales and clever exhausting, to meet the strict acoustic requirements.
- Overnight change-overs were complete to both switchboards, without any loss of power to fridges and freezers.
- The hay bale acoustic structure and temporary generators were removed by the morning.
- The shopping centre traded as usual the next morning without any trace that we had ever been there.